Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Living with 'cyberbully-in-chief' makes Melania perfect for bullying job


Satire from Ted Block

AROUND THE BLOCK

News with a Twist

First lady vows to fight cyberbullying despite critics 


Says "no one better prepared" for job


Melania Trump pushed back against critics Tuesday, declaring her commitment to combating cyberbullying despite the hits she has endured for taking on the issue while her husband routinely goes on Twitter to berate foes and call them names.

“I am well aware that people are skeptical of me discussing this topic,” the first lady said. 

“I have been criticized for my commitment to tackling this issue, and I know that will continue. But it will not stop me from doing what I know is right.”

Mrs. Trump commented as she convened executives from major online and social media companies at the White House to discuss cyberbullying and internet safety, “No one better prepared to deal with cyberbullying than me. After all, I’ve lived with world’s number one cyberbully for 13 years. Since election, I call him 'Cyberbully-in-Chief,'" going on to say, "Calling him that only thing that makes me smile."

In a prepared statement the first lady said, “We have a real opportunity to teach positive online behaviors, but that also means addressing issues offline such as kindness, empathy, and respect. I’ve been working very hard on this with my husband, so far with some success. After all, Donald hasn’t called senators Cruz and Rubio ‘Lyin’ Ted’ and ‘Little Marco’ in quite some time. But there's more work to do and I promise I will not give up.”




No comments: