Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kyle hoped win would lift family's spirits after South Carolina


AROUND THE BLOCK

News with a Twist

Kyle Busch finishes a disappointing third in Daytona 500

Announces suspension of  racing campaign 


In a stunning, and totally unexpected announcement, NASCAR race car champion Kyle Busch said that he was withdrawing from racing after a disappointing third-place finish in the today’s 2016 edition of the legendary Daytona 500.

Busch, who many pundits and most polls had predicted would win the race, said that he was particularly disappointed in this loss.

“Look, a win in today’s race was really important to me, particularly because of what happened to my kin, Jeb, yesterday in South Carolina,” Busch said.

“I just thought it was important for me to do something to lift the family’s spirits after Jeb’s fourth place finish,” going on to say, “I know Uncle H.W. and Aunt Barbara are particularly upset and I’m just sorry that I couldn’t do anything to help them in their time of need.”

When reporters reminded Kyle Busch that he was not related to the other Bush family and, in fact, spells his name differently, Kyle said, “Yeah, that spelling thing has always been a little bit of a problem for me. I guess I’m just more like cousin George W. when it comes to things like spelling and all.”



No comments: