Friday, September 23, 2016

Despite Cruz support, Trump claims he's still "Lyin Ted"


AROUND THE BLOCK

News with a Twist

Former rival Ted Cruz will support Trump

Trump reaction: "Voting his conscience?"



In a stunning about face, former Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz announced today that he would vote for Donald Trump for president.

Cruz, who famously refused to endorse Trump at the Republican National Convention by imploring people to “vote your conscience,” is apparently not taking his own advice.

During the campaign Trump always referred to Cruz as “Lyin’ Ted,” disparaged the looks of his wife, said that Cruz was ineligible for the presidency because of his Canadian birth, suggested he was “pussy” for not supporting waterboarding and other unconstitutional interrogation methods and linked Cruz’s father with Lee Harvey Oswald, John F. Kennedy’s assassin.

Despite all this, Cruz believes that Trump would make a better president than Hillary Clinton.

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump," Cruz wrote in a lengthy Facebook post.

Cruz said he made his decision for two reasons: "First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word. Second, even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with our nominee, by any measure Hillary Clinton is wholly unacceptable — that’s why I have always been #NeverHillary."
  
Donald Trump did not accept Cruz’s endorsement graciously.

At a rally in Roanoke, Virginia Trump announced to a cheering crowd, “Once again, there goes Lyin’ Ted. Voting his conscience? I mean, believe me, he’s not going to vote for me. Not after how I treated him during the primary. The only reason he’s saying this now is because he’s seeing how tremendously I’m doing in the polls…I’m doing so great it’s unbelievable isn’t it…and he’s looking out for his own political future.”

As Trump was making his remarks, the crowd drowned him out with the chants “Lyin Ted, Lyin Ted” interspersed with  “Pussy, Pussy.”

In a subsequent announcement, Cruz’s new press spokesperson, Emily Litella, said that Senator Cruz reacted to Trump’s comments on his endorsement with, “Never mind.”



No comments: