Monday, February 26, 2018

Trump: would have stormed into school without weapon


Satire from Ted Block

AROUND THE BLOCK

News with a Twist

Trump on Florida shooting: 'I'd run in there' even without gun
 
Huckabee “Colonel” Sanders: “What he said but not what he meant”


President Donald Trump said Monday he would have stormed into the Florida high school to stop the gunman perpetrating the nation's latest mass shooting "even if I didn't have a weapon" as he lambasted the inaction of a sheriff's deputy assigned to the school.

"You don't know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I'd run in there, even if I didn't have a weapon, and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too," Trump told a gathering of US governors at the White House.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee “Colonel” Sanders later said Trump was touting his willingness to be a leader, going on to say, "I don't think that was the point he was making...running into the room. He was saying that he would be a leader and would want to take a courageous action.”

When pressed by reporters that Trump specifically said that he would have run in there “even if I didn’t have a weapon,” Sanders said, “Look, I think you know by now that what the president says does not always reflect what he means. And, as you all are aware, my job is to take what he says and tell y’all what he meant to say…what his intention was.”

Sanders went on to say that the idea floating around Washington that after his “Man of Action/Superhero pronouncement,” Trump is being fitted for a specially designed Spanx-infused Superman outfit is fake news perpetrated by the failing mainstream media. Despite this denial, shares in Spanx rose 15% on the (fake) news.






No comments: