Friday, March 24, 2017

Healthcare bill pulled – Obamacare lives? GOP members save their own jobs?



Satire from Ted Block

AROUND THE BLOCK

News with a Twist

Trump warns GOP members – vote yes or lose your job


Wavering congressman weigh their convictions vs. their job security




After President Donald Trump warned wavering House Republicans that their jobs were on the line in next year's elections if they failed to back a GOP bill that would upend Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act, several, but not all were thinking about changing their vote from a “No” to a “Yes.”

The vote, scheduled for Thursday in a symbolic effort to repeal Obamacare seven years to the day of its passage, was canceled and rescheduled for Friday after frantic efforts by both GOP congressional leadership and the White House to get enough votes for passage.

With the passage of the bill still up in the air, the White House is hoping that more GOP members follow the lead of Representative Beauregard “Bubba” Barnum-Bailey (R-Miss).

Barnum-Bailey, after a meeting with the president where he was told that Trump would “come after” him to ensure that he would not be re-elected if he voted no, issued the following statement:

“I am a man of my convictions and I stand for what I believe is right and is right for my constituents. But, when it comes to my job, my convictions and my constituents, my job comes first. After all, as President Trump has said on many, many occasions, the three most important words in America today are ‘jobs, jobs, jobs’ and I will not stand in the way by losing my job.”

**But in breaking news, as of this writing, it appears that Representative Barnum-Bailey will not have to make a decision after all as, at the request of President Trump, the bill has been pulled from the House floor.

In response to that breaking news, Barnum-Bailey issued the following statement:

“I am a man of my convictions and I stand for what I believe is right and is right for my constituents. That is almost my first and only priority.”

No comments: