Thursday, July 19, 2012

Name Change

I learned today that while readers enjoy my posts, they hate my blog's name. I mean, "Ted Block's Blog" - can you get any more insipid than that?

Background: When I decided a week or so ago to begin blogging I had no idea how to do it. So I did a Google search on starting a blog. One of the top returns was the site blogspot.com, owned by Google (shocking, I know, that a Google-owned site would be at the top of a Google search). When I clicked on blogspot.com I found that I already had a blog called "Ted Block's Blog". Apparently, about four years ago, the last time I had the blogger inspiration,  I did a Google search, came up with the same results, and registered a blog name. Without giving it too much thought I came up with the name as a placeholder. At that time I never wrote a thing, never looked at the blog page again or even gave it any thought, until recently. So when I started posting I just kept the original name. But now that my blog is getting a little traction I needed to rename it.

So starting with this post my blog is now called "Around The Block". I've kept the same web address, www.tedblocksblog.blogspot.com, so there's no confusion for those of you who have that page bookmarked (HaHaHa). Only the name of the blog has changed.

Hope you like the new name, and most important, what I'm saying.

No comments: